We all have a time when we reach the end of a metaphorical rope. So what then? What does one do when said point looks more like a noose rather than perhaps a new tunnel with a blinding light that although far off is still a point beckoning us to keep on going?
Who does the savior seek when it is her turn? I have made a career in this life of helping and saving. Hell my degrees; Child Development and Medical Assisting. Prior job choices of Recreational Counselor, Customer Service, Admin Extraordinaire. Volunteer work with Blood Centers, Schools and a free clinic. All duties where I was called upon to help and put out figurative fires. I rose to the occasion. I have sat with friends in the ER. Been that one who takes the call at 3AM when everyone else is asleep. So when it is my turn who do I turn to? Yes I have my family, but sometimes the comfort of knowing that there is someone to play "Shelby" out there for Shelby herself would be nice. I wouldn't even have to take advantage of it all. But just know that it is there. An option. I sadly feel lacking in that. The cliches, blank looks and I am praying for you texts are somehow a way of sounding involved yet not truly being so. If positions were reversed I would be diving in headfirst into the mess. All I can do is ask for a bit of strength daily to see me through. I had coffee and good conversation with a trusted friend who is in town for a few days and a job interview in store for Wednesday.. Baby steps..
Monday, July 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment