Thursday, August 26, 2010

you do it to yourself, and thats what really hurts

I have an insane, perhaps enviable ability to focus. To block out anything and everything when it is crunch time. Zero in and not only get something done but living up to the strict standards I set. At times this is good. My scholastic/academic type achievements in large part can be attributed to this trait.
However what can make you thrive can also kill you, metaphorically speaking. At times this same "ability" bites back at me. I also will focus, to my detriment on details or circumstances to an extent I block out more important things. That is if whatever I am paying attention to is bothering me. Until I am able to take the reins and control of it, that one thing is all I can see. Oh yes, my peripheral brain is well aware of good things that may very well be a better use of my time. That I may miss out on opportunities, people, and experiences. But when I am in that mode I am so narrowly directed I simply cannot divert my motion.
I am sure it makes others ill and for that I am sorry.
I don't even want to go into the details, save perhaps for a few that have me figured out or can read between my codes. But I am stuck on that straight as an arrow barren highway at the moment. Waiting for the next rest stop, where perhaps by chance something will shake my core.

No comments: