
Oh dear blog I neglect you. I do not mean to but I am not sure who other than myself really reads my inane, emoted drivel?
Oh the things birthed in the glow of a sleeping pill hangover
pouring my soul onto paper,
yes here we go again,
you’re living in each subtle innuendo,
and loudly echoing in every refrain,
even when details escape me,
and the picture falls apart,
you’re a kaleidoscope that flickers
from the tattered corners of my heart.
drunk again on memories, high on bittersweet sentimentality,
I reach for the noose but you pull tighter,
I simply can never be free,
I take three steps forward but your ghost pulls me several back,
I build my mighty fortress
but you sail through the crack,
a running joke without a punchline, a chorus without a verse,
though my whole is progressively stronger,
a part is feels all the worse,
time again I pull your weed, with roots anchored ever so deep
against better judgment I make choices
because I sow, I shall reap
fumbling for sensibilities,
so close yet oh so far
you’re the obscuring rain-cloud
no more my guiding stars

No comments:
Post a Comment