Tuesday, March 4, 2008

for you I've waited all these years

He has quite the musical collection. Being both well rounded, as well as a torrent user/hacker/whatever, I could entertain myself for hours on end with his MP3 collection.
When my hard drive died I lost quite a bit, however I am lucky and collection quite a few rather mixed up compilation discs. You know where stuff like Pink Floyd, meets cheesy mellow 70's rock, with some trance and house, punk and so on.

Including this song

I cannot even say I am a huge Coldplay fan. But that song hits the spot. When I heard it was also ntended to be a Johnny Cash song, it is even more so.

Johnny and June
xo


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jSisMP2_F4

But there are those simple nights that are nothing short of the bliss filled perfection I dream of. Just the little things. Joking over Jeopardy and My Dad is Better than Your Dad. And how our children would act on the latter.

"I wouldn't change a single thing."


I waited so long for at least this part of my life to feel good. Even with work angst and other things being unsteady, having this feeling takes it all away.

I live in this perpetual fear, as I do with all areas of my life. Where I work backward. As if to not fail rather than succeed. As if to not let go rather than hold on and let it be.
I analyze the bad to death and often do not notice the good.
But maybe for once, I can find a happy medium. And for once, I can learn to feel good and secure and enjoy and know I am a winner and not the runner up.

No comments: